Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Second chances....

Rarely in life are we given second chances, much less third, or fourths. I am lucky that way I guess. I always find a way to weasel out of the predicaments I find myself in, usually of my own making. I had what I will call, an "Unfortunate Incident," which warrants no further explanation at this time. It was the worst wake up call I have ever had in my life. I had the opportunity to do some real soul searching. Needless, to say, I did not like what I saw. I lived in a world of shit. So, I decided to make a real move, the only one I could afford to, and move back in with my folks. It is only temporary; my father is retiring, and they are going to move to Tennessee soon. At least I am finally "Being of Use" again, taking care of those who took care of me. It gets me back closer to D.C., my favorite city in the states, and gives me time for some real navel-gazing. Where do I go from here? Anybody's guess, really. There is only one way to go, which is up. I started some new mental health treatment, and there is a Tibetan Meditation Center not far from here. I want to get back involved in my son's life, after almost a year apart. I have a lot of work to do, which is sort of funny, because that is not something I am used to doing. I have the will now, however, and as Nietzsche said:


Suppose, finally, we succeeded in explaining our entire instinctive life as the development and ramification of one basic form of the will--namely, of the will to power, as my proposition has it... then one would have gained the right to determineall efficient force univocally as--will to power. The world viewed from inside... it would be "will to power" and nothing else.
from Beyond Good and Evil
S

No comments:

Post a Comment