Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Empty Pockets


Empty Pockets

~~~for Alfred George

I turn down
Riverwood Avenue
I shake off the mold and mildew in my brain.

I am in
A dream
A night terror.

My heart is beating
Out of my chest
It is heavy, weighted.

I wake up scared
I wake up strange
I feel like nothing in my life is ever going to change.

What was it
About me
You found yourself attracted to?

Was it my blond hair?
My blue eyes?
My laugh?

I used to laugh
A lot.
Now? Not so much!

All I have
Is empty pockets
Now.

I used to carry
Rocks and coins
Nails and pens.

All is gone.
My life is gone.
My city is gone.

You took
But never gave
More than you got.

I hope you are
Happy now.
Where you are.

I know
I am not.
My life changed.

I cannot hold someone in my arms.
I cannot love someone with my heart.
I cannot listen to someone without fear.

You did this to me.
Why? Was the taboo
Worth years in jail?

All I have is empty pockets.
Who I am is
All I have left.


No comments:

Post a Comment