Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Zen Insight #4: Dodging Bullets

"It is not about anger---it is about peace. It is not about power---it is about grace. It is not about knowing your enemy---it is about knowing yourself."     ---from the movie "Bulletproof Monk"

"But from each crime are born bullets that will one day seek out in you where the heart lies"    ---Pablo Neruda

The appointment
with the cardiologist
was uneventful.

They ordered tests
to be completed 
in a month, no
sense of urgency.

My anxiety about 
going back to Altoona
for a court hearing 
was unfounded. 
My lawyer told me
not to even show up!

There were damages
done    I lost friends
and my relatioship 
with my Zen Master
is questionable.

That happens
everytime I get up.
Hazard of being bipolar
Oh, well...

I live my life
with no regrets
I am who I am
and if someone 
cannot handle that
then they do not 
need to be a part 
of my life.

I try very hard
and strive to be 
courageous and
compassionate.
I have my moments
of being an asshole.

But as Tom Waits sings
"If I exorcize my devils/
my angels may leave too/
and when they leave/ 
they are so hard to find."

ZEN INSIGHT #4: DONE!

3 comments: